Qigong AF - Days 11 &12

I'm nearing the half-way point here people... woot!

So I didn't post anything yesterday because I had what I'm pretty sure was an ocular migraine. I didn't have any pain and it only lasted about 15 minutes, but it was weird. The vision in my right eye went all wonky and I was seeing this squiggly, strobing light pattern in what seemed to be my blind spot. Apparently this is a thing that happens.

Maybe this is what happened to me...
Because this was the first time I've experienced ocular hallucinations not brought on by a wild and out of control imagination, deep meditation, or drugs, I was advised to go into urgent care where I spent an exciting hour and twenty minutes waiting to be seen (at least I got a start on this book!). The doctor made sure that my retinas were not disengaging from my brain like a Ferengi spaceship from DS9 - they weren't - and gave me a non-diagnosis of, "It may have been an ocular migraine, if you have more, tell your primary care doctor." Thanks for telling me something I didn't know, doc!

Despite this strange phenomena, I STILL DID MY QIGONG AF! I am so HARDCORE!!!

I did Day 11 right before I had to go get more drilling done to my precious teeth by a sadistic dentist. I was nice and calm when I arrived at said dentists and I used my Jedi Qigong powers to remain so despite the fact that the dental assistant was trying to stab me in the cheek with her suction wand.

Terrifying! (GIF found here)
Today, I waited until the last minute to do my qigong, spending my time earlier in the day at the public library instead. I went to the library in the hopes of being more motivated to apply for jobs - less distraction and more like commuting to a job. I also thought that their computers would be faster than my ancient iMac and shitty Dell laptop - they weren't.

I did choose 3 jobs to apply for this week - which is my goal - however, I was not successful in actually applying for anything. It was a combination of "Hmmm, maybe I should redesign my resume in Canva so that I have an eye-catching visual resume of love." and "OMG, who smells like they haven't washed in ten years? Please, someone, get them and a bath. That smell is killing my concentration. For the love of God everyone should have access to hot, running water, this is the US after all and I need to find a job!" (

This will be me next time I use the library computers. I respect everyone's right to be there. I don't have to enjoy the smells. (Image credit: Dan Klimke)
I worked through it - the "No, that's not going to work - I'm going to scrap it and start over - if only I could breathe - I'll just smell my fingers while I work." And then a guy with fresh cigarette smoke smell wafting off of him sat next to me and that was the nail in the coffin. I couldn't keep sitting there in the pong any longer.

Better luck tomorrow. I think I'm just going to do my job hunting from home.

Anyway, back to Qigong AF...

So, today's qigong helped me shake it off - like the Taylor Swift song, as Chris Shelton always likes to mention  - and I feel fabulous.


Comments

Popular Posts