Qigong AF - Day 3

Wow.

I am really out of shape.

I've done three days of about 30 minutes of qigong with my new best YouTube friend Chris Shelton (seriously, I love this guy) and none of those times have I been able to stand for the duration of the exercises.

It's not hard work or anything, it's just that my core is super weak.

After developing chronic GERD a year ago - because the gods hate me - I stopped my awesome swimming routine. Swimming helped my back-injured, extra-bendy, Ehlers-Danlos having body stay together for the most part... and it ate up a huge amount of my precious time. So, naturally I jumped at the chance to stop exercising, be in constant discomfort from a never-ending, burning esophagus, and let all muscle tone go to shit!

Don't you just love the feeling of acid eating your insides? I know I do! (image source here)
But seriously, the GERD has been keeping me busy and while it's mostly in check lately, I am just now making real time for regaining strength in my body.

I began with these 30 days of qigong because I wanted to start out very gently and I have just not been feeling the crappy swimming pool at the 24 hour gym that will not be named - which was the only other reasonable choice for my getting back into shape. I know that it's only day 3 and I will be able to stand through the exercises and meditations for longer and longer as I practice, but it has been interesting for me to realize just how weak my core is. I think that kind of body awareness is hard to come by unless one is actively engaging with their body - and I wasn't doing much of that until a few days ago.

Luckily, my buddy Chris who is totally hardcore with compassion makes sure his viewers know that it's okay to take care of themselves. "Sit if you need to sit, reach as far as is comfortable for you, everyone can do this." Thanks, Chris, thank you for easing my guilt, it make everything better. I love you man!

::Sigh:: I feel like Chris Shelton has given me the most amazing gift. I'm loving the qigong and it definitely helps me feel more centered and clear. I'm gonna have to send him a cookie bouquet as a thank you one of these days.

Yeah, I'm not going to send him one of those... I don't approve of gluten, and I bet he doesn't either.

Here's Chris if you're curious. Wow! He's worked with famous people and is like famous by proxy!

PS Chris doesn't actually know I exist and has no idea that he's my new best friend, but that's okay, isn't it? Yeah... of course it is! You're the BEST Chris!


Comments

Popular Posts