Qigong AF - Day 6

I'm having trouble typing.

The movements from today's qigong video fatigued my arms. More proof (as if I needed it) that I am weak AF.

my arms are tired
At least I'm not alone. Some Burner out there knows my pain. (Image Credit: sandwich)
I did, however, stand through the better part of the half-hour set of exercises and I'm noticing more strength in my core. Slight though it may be, it's getting there.

I don't have much to say about doing qigong today. It was nice. I'm beginning to feel more settled into the practice. I'm still waiting for "profound results".

Right now, my mind is more focused on the fact that I had a job interview this morning. I did great in the interview and I even won the Excel test which I had to take.

I knew going into the interview that there would be a test, but I didn't know what it was. When they said "Excel!," I began having visions of terrible and torturous formulas, awful things that I did once in a class and have since buried and forgotten in some deep recess of my mind. I was certain that I was going to fail.

"I'm sorry, you said, I have to take what kind of test? I was distracted by your sexy man-beard..." <----- that kind of talk will definitely NOT get you hired. At least you showed your true colors before there had to be a messy, public scandal. (Image Credit: Pexels)
Happily, however, it was everything I know how to do in Excel! I was done before my 20 minutes was up, leaving me plenty of time to go through with a fine toothed comb to make sure every detail was just so.

I feel so relieved that I won't be passed up for a job because I suck at Excel. At least I will know Excel isn't the reason for their rejection, should it come, and that is a balm for my soul. So, like with every other job that I haven't been offered over the last few months, I will be completely in the dark as to why the don't want me. It feels good knowing that a silly Excel test can't ruin that familiar feeling of utter confusion and scorn that I get when I am passed up for an interview or a position.

But maybe this time will be different. Maybe this time, I'll be their first choice and for once in my life I'll be wanted by someone!

Oh, I sure would like to be wanted by someone, that sure would be swell!

Comments

Popular Posts