Qigong AF - Day 4

This is incredible! I have found about 30 minutes per day to do my Qigong AF practice for 4 days in a row... and write about it! (It helps that I'm currently unemployed, but we're not going to talk about that...)

I'm giving myself a big pat on the back, a participation award, and why not - a first place trophy cause I'm winning it!

I picked this trophy, because I'm a badass Viking, obvs. (image source: the Air Force apparently)

When I started my qigong with Chris today, I was a bit unfocused, but as the half-hour went by, I got better at doing what I was told instead of making plans for dinner. Gawd, Chris is such a task-master! I was enjoying thoughts of warm food that someone else made for me!

Anyway...

In today's video, Chris explained that all the organs in Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) have yin and yang counterparts. For example, the stomach is yang and the spleen is yin, while the liver is yin and the gall bladder is yang.

After hearing this, I was like, "Aw, yes! I can tell the stomach is yang, because it is currently on fire inside me with the evil heartburn and fire is yang (at least that's what I think)."

For your learning enjoyment. (image source: wikimedia)

Anyway, day 4 involved massaging the yang organs, and man did my yang organs get a good one!

I was secretly hoping that this yang organ massage would completely relieve my heartburn, and while it didn't succeed in doing so, it definitely got things moving. After completing the exercise, my stomach and intestines gurgled and I was all, "Yep, they liked that."

My heartburn is a little improved after doing the exercise, but it would be nice if it would just miraculously disappear forever. I mean I've been doing EVERYTHING to make it go away.

Currently, I'm on a super, super restrictive and ridiculously healthy elimination diet, but after nearly 6 weeks, my symptoms have not entirely disappeared, which makes reintroducing foods into my diet pointless. It would be awesome if qigong could be the answer to my digestive woes, however, I fear that instead, I may have to resort to trying the Low FODMAP diet next... to which I say, "Nooooooo! 5 billion times ugh!"

But something's eventually got to give. I have to figure out what works and what doesn't work and keep hoping that there is a cure for my GERD (and all my other super annoying ailments). If there's even a thread of possibility that massaging my yang organs will eventually lead towards real healing, I'll happily hang onto it until I'm convinced otherwise.

Here's to happy, blissed out yang organs!


Comments

Popular Posts